Local Author CollectionMission Statement
The mission of the Local Author Collection Committee is to continually improve library service to the public by:
- Providing free access to books by local authors.
- Enriching the community with books written by local authors.
- Promoting individual achievement in authorship.
Local Author Submission Guidelines
- Local authors must reside in Southeast Florida and have a valid Palm Beach County Library System library card.
- A donated copy of the author’s book will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. If accepted to the collection, additional copies can be donated and distributed to other branches.
- The Selection Committee uses the following criteria when reviewing submissions:
- Suitability of format.
- Suitability of subject, style, and level for the intended audience.
- Staff reviews.
- Quality of writing, including spelling and grammar.
- Quality of design, illustrations, and production.
- Relevance to community interest.
- Donated books become the property of the Palm Beach County Library System and will not be returned.
- The author represents and warrants full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all material in this book.
Local Author Collection Agreement
You are required to fill out and sign this form for your book to be considered. Parental or guardian consent is required if the author is under the age of 18. Submit this form and a donated copy of your book to your local Library, or download a copy, fill out the form, and send to: Palm Beach County Library System, Collection Development, Local Author Collection Submissions, 3650 Summit Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33406.