News RoomReceive Press Releases
If you're a member of the working press and you would like to receive media advisories, press releases, and other items of interest, please click the link above and receive Palm Beach County Library System’s releases by email.
- Happenings - The monthly Calendar of Events listing activities for adults and children at all Library System locations, including free computer and Internet classes.
- Books & Bytes - Our longest running newsletter is Books & Bytes, which is usually published near the beginning of each month. Books & Bytes offers up-to-date news and information about the Library System and this website. It offers profiles of our web services and information about all our great catalogs and databases. Plus Books & Bytes provides tips and tricks for better searching to help you locate quality information faster and easier.
- Beyond the Book - Get an insightful look at everything you have access to with your library card. From learning about services you can explore, to discovering Palm Beach County history, "Beyond the Book" provides you with great information you won't want to miss.
- A-Z - An alphabetical, cross-referenced, comprehensive overview of the many products and services available from the Palm Beach County Library System’s 18 locations, the Bookmobile, and our website.
Recent Press Releases
Hagen Ranch Road Branch Library Hosts Computer Learning Month Tech Fair
The Hagen Ranch Road Branch Library will host a computer Learning Month Tech Fair on Sun, Oct 27, from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm. The tech “show and tell” will feature Oculus Rift Virtual Reality, Raspberry Pi computers, electronics platform Arduino and invention kit Makey Makey.
Palm Beach County Library System Celebrates the Friends of the Palm Beach County Library During National Friends of Libraries Week, October 15-21, 2017
The Friends of the Palm Beach County Library were established in 1980 to enhance library services, provide financial assistance for special events and to advocate for library needs. Currently, the Friends contribute more than $200,000 annually to the Library through fundraising efforts that include donations of materials, gifts to the collection, copier revenue, bequeaths and an annual used book sale held every January at the Hagen Ranch Road Branch.
Need A/C? Free Wi-Fi? Palm Beach County Library System Reopens Today
The library has power and internet, free Wi-Fi. Charge your mobile devices and enjoy the air-conditioned space that is your local library.
Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
The Palm Beach County Library System invites you to the Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration. We celebrate our community’s cultural diversity, the beautiful traditions of Latin American countries, and the contributions Hispanics have made to American society. Join us for a wide variety of events for the entire family offered in both English and Spanish. Check the calendar of events for special activities at your local branch
Palm Beach County Library System Partners With School District and Serves Over 10,000 Free Summer Lunches for Kids
Thanks to a partnership with the School District of Palm Beach County, seven branches of the Palm Beach County Library System served free nutritious lunches and snacks to children during the summer at the following locations:
- Acreage Branch: 1,478 lunches and 2,283 snacks
- Belle Glade Branch: 1,034 lunches and 2,463 snacks
- Greenacres Branch: 1,054 lunches and 454 snacks
- Jupiter Branch: 1,105 lunches and 845 snacks
- Lantana Road Branch: 1,353 lunches and 1,645 snacks
- Main Library: 2,235 lunches and 2,309 snacks
- Wellington Branch: 1,978 lunches and 676 snacks
Palm Beach County Library System Presents the Bridging Faiths Series
Starting this July, the Palm Beach County Library System is proud to offer the Bridging Faiths series. A series designed to encourage awareness and understanding of the diverse community that makes the Palm Beaches a great place to live. Through July and October, we’ll explore topics of fasting, religious attire, pilgrimages, tolerance, respect and forgiveness. Panels of religious leaders will demystify what makes each faith unique and what brings all faiths together.
Meet the Author: Marc Wortman
Marc Wortman will be discussing his latest book, “1941: Fighting the Shadow War: A Divided America in a World at War.” This historical work examines America’s involvement in World War II prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor and the Roosevelt Administration’s struggle for public support to enter another foreign war. A book signing will follow. (90 min.) Preregister.
Fri, Jun 24, 2:30 pm - Gardens Branch
Tue, Jun 28, 2:00 pm - West Boynton Branch
Celebrating 10 Years of English Exchange
For ten years, English Exchange has brought together friends from all over the globe with one goal: to learn English! When asked to comment on English Exchange, a student said, “I come because I need conversation in order to improve my knowledge and my pronunciation. Every week I learn something new.” English Exchange is sponsored by the Adult Literacy Project of the Palm Beach County Library System (PBCLS) and allows students to improve their conversational English skills in a fun and informal atmosphere.
Palm Beach County Library System Receives Silver Public Sector Partner Award from School District
The Palm Beach County Library System Librarian Stacey Burford and Library Associate Dawn Frascella received the Silver Award for their work with Royal Palm School, an exceptional student education center, serving children with varying types and levels of special needs. The pair have been working with the school for more than seven years. They have attended school literacy functions and presented at P.L.U.S.S. (Parents Learning and Understanding Student’s Strengths) meetings.