E-Books at Your Fingertips
As part of our Digital Media Collection, the Library offers e-books in EPUB, PDF, Blio and Kindle formats. Members with personal computers and internet access can download and read over 5,700 e-books titles on their computers from home, or directly download and almost 5,000 audiobooks to iPhone/iPad, Android devices for reading on the go. They can also be transferred to e-reader devices such as the Nook and Kindle. You can choose to use Digital Media Collection e-books for 7, 14, or 21 days and they automatically expire so there are never any overdue notices or late fees to worry about.
Many of these e-books now appear in the Library’s web catalog. Look for the eBook icon when searching the catalog and follow the “View Book” link to the title.
These documents explain to how to download e-books in various formats from the OverDrive service depending on the type of mobile device you have.
- Tablets and Smartphones - for any tablet or smartphone using the iOS, Android, BlackBerry, or Windows Phone operating system.
- Kindle Fire / Fire HD - for the Amazon Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD models only.
- Kindle (black & white screen models) - for Amazon Kindle models that have black & white screens.
- Nook Color/ Tablet / HD - for Barnes & Noble Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook HD, or Nook HD+ models only.
- Nook or other e-eaders (black & white screen models) - for Barnes & Noble Nooks or other e-readers (such as Kobo, Sony, Pandigital) that have black & white screens.
Overdrive Digital Media Collection
OverDrive provides access to downloadable e-books. With a valid Palm Beach County Library Card, you can browse and check out hundreds of great titles, download them to your home computer, and transfer them to a portable device.
Read more at the links below. If you have other questions, use this form to contact us.
Not sure how it works?
Start off with the Digital Media Guided Tour.
If you have more questions check out some of these other resources:
Not only does Overdrive include audiobooks and e-books from the authors you know and love like James Patterson, John Grisham, and Danielle Steel, but you can check out language learning audiobooks as well!
We’ve created some guides to help you through the borrowing and downloading process. You will need Adobe Reader to view the guides which are in PDF format.