Need help finding grants? Use the Library’s funding research tools to research funding opportunities for both individuals and nonprofit organizations to access grantmaker directories, books on fundraising and nonprofit management, and the Foundation Center’s electronic resources. These fully searchable databases include detailed profiles of all active U.S. foundations, an extensive file of recent grants awarded by the nation's top funders, and interactive mapping tools. All of these resources are hosted by the Library as part of the Funding Information Network of the Foundation Center, the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy.
Note: Foundation Center electronic resources can only be accessed on the computers at the Main Library at 3650 Summit Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33406, the Belle Glade Branch at 725 NW 4th Street, Belle Glade, FL 33430, and at the Jupiter Branch at 705 Military Trail, Jupiter, FL 33458.
Need more training? We offer Foundation Directory Online workshops each month. For more information, call 561-233-2600.
Funding Research Databases
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO) The Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. *Only available at the Main Library, the Belle Glade Branch, and the Jupiter Branch.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online Searchable online resource devoted to foundations that provide funding for individuals, including educational, arts, and cultural support. Available at all Palm Beach County Library branches.
- GrantspaceFree information and resources specifically designed to help grant seekers.
- Glasspockets A Foundation Center initiative to bring transparency to the world of philanthropy.
- Grants.govInformation on how to find and apply for all federal grants.
- State of FloridaInformation portal for state of Florida. Use search box for "grant opportunities".
- Ask Us!Need more detailed information directly from the source? The Foundation Center's online librarians answer questions relating to nonprofits, foundations, fundraising, and more.