Business & Money Job Help Consumer Health Genealogy Government Legal Citizenship Nonprofit Ask a Librarian
Trusted Information for Your Research Needs
The Business Librarian and reference staff at the Main Library can assist consumers with their research needs. We offer materials and one-on-one research services to help you make informed decisions. Individual consultations and group tours are available by appointment. We have an extensive collection of consumer magazines, and newspaper and journal articles online.
- American Institute of Philanthropy Letter grades ratings of about 400 charities.
- Annualcreditreport.com ONLY authorized online source for you to get a free credit report under federal law. You can get a free report from each of the three national credit reporting companies every 12 months.
- Bankrate.com Provides up-to-date information on rates offered by thousands of banks, thrifts, and credit unions to help you find mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, home equity loans, and other banking products.
- BBB Wise Giving Alliance The Alliance reports on nationally soliciting charitable organizations that are the subject of donor inquiries.
- Consumer Reports Get ratings and reviews, recommendations, and buying advice.
- Consumer Search Search product evaluations.
- Consumer.gov Lists recalls, scam alerts, etc. from the FTC, FCC, FDA, NHTSA, SEC, CPSC.
- ConsumerGuide Automotive The online version of the guides used to check new and used vehicles.
- Currency Conversions OANDA offers an online currency converter for most any currency.
- Equifax Order your credit report.
- Experian Order your credit report.
- Florida Division of Consumer Services Provides education, information, and assistance to consumers with links to insurance and legal resources. Use the liability section to search for closed claims against doctors, dentists, HMOs, hospitals, lawyers, and abortion clinics.
- Florida Nonprofit Alliance The Florida Nonprofit Alliance serves as a central resource and referral center for all nonprofits in the state of Florida.
- gethuman.com Find out how to get past the automated phone systems of a wide variety of companies.
- GuideStar by Candid Search more than 850,000 U.S. nonprofit organizations.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Vehicle crash ratings and overall safety from this non-profit.
- KOFE (Knowledge of Financial Education) We have partnered with KOFE: “Knowledge of Financial Education” and Consolidated Credit to provide you free resources and guidance to achieve your financial well-being. You now have access to learning tools regarding money, budgeting, credit, retirement and many other topics. These resources are provided for free to educate, motivate, and empower you to live a financially secure lifestyle.
- MyMoney.gov Information from 20 federal entities that work on improving financial literacy and education. Central place for unbiased, reliable information and materials on financial topics.
- Relocation Resources Homefair Tools to help you calculate moving expenses and find a place to live.
- RN Database A registered identification number or RN is issued by the Federal Trade Commission to businesses in the U.S. that manufacture, import, distribute, or sell textile, wool, or fur products.
- The Bauer Group Rates banks and credit unions.
- TransUnion Corp Order your credit report.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Searches for chambers of commerce; links to websites.
- Unclaimed Property Links Connects to various unclaimed property tracking resources.
- Weiss Financial Ratings Get up to date ratings information on insurance companies, financial institutions, mutual funds, and other investment products.