Palm Beach County Library System Partners With School District and Serves Over 10,000 Free Summer Lunches for Kids
Thanks to a partnership with the School District of Palm Beach County, seven branches of the Palm Beach County Library System served free nutritious lunches and snacks to children during the summer at the following locations:
- Acreage Branch: 1,478 lunches and 2,283 snacks
- Belle Glade Branch: 1,034 lunches and 2,463 snacks
- Greenacres Branch: 1,054 lunches and 454 snacks
- Jupiter Branch: 1,105 lunches and 845 snacks
- Lantana Road Branch: 1,353 lunches and 1,645 snacks
- Main Library: 2,235 lunches and 2,309 snacks
- Wellington Branch: 1,978 lunches and 676 snacks
Each location was buzzing with energy as children ate and worked on independent activities, like coloring, and the adults socialized. The impact on the community was immediately realized as parents and grandparents shared with staff how wonderful it was that libraries were taking on this new role. A total of 10,237 lunches were served at the seven Palm Beach County libraries and 10,675 afternoon snacks were served to the community, as well.
Palm Beach County Library System is dedicated to connecting communities and is honored to serve our community in ensuring that the county’s children are well-fed and well-read throughout the summer.