About the Palm Beach County Library System
The Palm Beach County Library System is your place to Dream, Discover, Do. Visit one of our 17 locations located throughout the County for entertainment, education, and exploration. We offer materials in many formats to suit your needs. We have books in hard copy, paperback, large print, downloadable, and audio formats. You can check out DVDs and music CDs. Attend one of our cultural programs, computer classes, musical performances, or meetings.
Our professional information specialists can help you find the information you need for your research paper, business venture, family history, and medical condition. If you can’t make it to one of our locations – then check out our online resource and outreach services. We have eBooks, magazines, newspapers, and research sources on our website. The Bookmobile travels to more than 40 stops a month and we offer outreach services to those who are visually or physically unable to visit the library.
The Mission of the Palm Beach County Library System is to:
Connect Communities, Inspire Thought, and Enrich Lives.
- Connects communities through programming that highlights the diversity of the residents that call Palm Beach County home.
- Inspires thought through our collection, book discussions, lectures and classes.
- Enrich the lives of everyone who experiences the sense of wonder that comes from learning new things.
- To provide services to children and early learners will continue.
- To provide access to technology and a diverse collection that is available in a variety of formats.
- To search for new ways to engage the community through programs, partnerships and outreach.
- To look for new and innovative services that meet the needs of our patrons.
Guidelines for Use
Open or Close
Behavior that interferes with the use of the library by other patrons or staff, causes damage to buildings or equipment, or is inconsistent with the Library’s mission is prohibited.
The following behavior, as well as any other behavior that disrupts public use of the library, is prohibited:
- Creating any disturbance that interferes with the normal operations of the library, including refusal to leave when library is closing.
- Verbally, physically, or sexually harassing any person or staff member.
- Nonverbal intimidation or harassment of any person or staff member, including but not limited to such activities as stalking.
- Abusive or loud language/behavior.
- Pushing or shoving.
- Bodily hygiene that is so offensive as to constitute a nuisance to other persons.
- Leaving young children or adults needing assistance unattended.
- Leaving any bags or personal items unattended.
- Blocking or impeding progress of patrons into or through the library.
- Using audio or other personal equipment that disturbs others or interferes with library service.
- Abuse or vandalism of library materials, equipment, or property.
- Wearing cleats, skates, rollerblades, or other items that could damage the facility or parking/using bicycles inside the library.
- Inappropriate use of library computers, including but not limited to: damaging, altering, or tampering with equipment or software; manipulating or interfering with the computer sign-up and printing software; displaying, sending, or printing obscene materials.
- Eating food in non-designated areas; drinks in covered containers are allowed.
- Selling or soliciting except with County permit.
- Smoking in library facilities or in non-designated outside areas.
- Bringing animals, except service animals, into the library.
- Not wearing shirts or shoes.
- Loitering or bathing on library property.
- Entering non-public areas such as staff workrooms or any areas marked “staff only” without permission.
- Removing library materials without checking them out.
- No weapons allowed except as permitted by Florida Statute Chapter 790. All persons entering this building consent to search to ensure compliance.
Violators will receive a warning and an opportunity to cease.Repeat or serious violations may result in suspension of Library privileges. Appeal requests may be made in writing to the Library Director.
Established through the authority of the Palm Beach County Library Policies and Procedures, #CL0-101.
- Administration and Divisions Open or CloseLibrary Administration
Doug Crane, Library Director -- 561-233-2600
Aurora Arthay, Assistant Library Director -- 561-233-2600Library Management
Branch Public Services -- Elizabeth Prior
Collection Development -- Pamela Bruner -- 561-233-2600
Community Relations -- Nicole Hughes -- 561-233-2768
Finance and Facilities --Kenny Rampersad -- 561-233-2600
Information Technology -- Peter Brandt -- 561-233-2750
Main Library -- Adam Davis -- 561-233-2784
Outreach Services -- Vacant -- 561-649-5492
Technical Services -- Ann Fleming -- 561-649-5414
- Library Advisory Board Open or Close
Our Library Advisory Board consists of 15 members, appointed by the County Commission. Each member serves a three-year term and is required to reside within the Library District. The Board meets on a monthly basis, and members serve without pay.
The Advisory Board represents the Library to the Board of County Commissioners and works with the Library Director to improve and expand library service throughout the County. Its role is to provide policy, budget, and other recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
CHAIR: Joe Glucksman
VICE CHAIR: Ron GiddensMEMBERS:
- Miriam Bracero-Rosario
- Vivian D’Angio
- Erasmo Haibi
- Harriet Helfman
- Kenneth Ida
- Mary Kendall
- Mimi Levinson
- Ellen Simon
- Barbara Sory
- Regis Wenham
- Ellen Winikoff