Helping Children Deal with Tragic Events in the News
Increasingly, parents are faced with the important, but difficult task of explaining acts of violence and war to their children.
To help you with this challenge, we have gathered a few useful links to assist with the conversation.
General Web Sites
- Helping Children With Scary News from PBS Parents and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
- How to Talk to Your Child About the News from The Nemours Foundation's Center for Children's Health Media
- Talking to Children About Terrorism and War from the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Advice if You're Upset by the News -BBC
- Help, Resources for Parents to Discuss Broward Tragedy with Children