Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Canyon Branch Library to Be Held Saturday, September 24, 9:00 am
The Palm Beach County Library System is proud to announce that the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the new Canyon Branch Library, located at 8802 Boynton Beach Boulevard, Boynton Beach, will be held at 9:00 am on Saturday, September 24.
Speakers will include County Mayor Robert Weinroth, County Commissioner Maria Sachs, County Administrator Verdenia C. Baker, Library Advisory Board Chair Sam Manuele, the Friends of the County Library President Marc Bressman and Library Director Douglas Crane.
Highlights of the new building include:
- The new Canyon Branch will be a 33,000-square-foot facility located in the Canyon Town Center at Boynton Beach Boulevard and Lyons Road next to the Canyon Amphitheatre.
- Amenities include a large meeting room space accommodating 300 people, dividable into two smaller spaces as well as a conference room and study rooms and a collaboration room called Co-Space.
- Attractive environment with green plaza space, beautiful artwork both inside and out, and a dramatic reading area.
- A CreationStation digital media lab and recording studio similar to ones at our Main Library, Wellington and Lantana Road Branches.
- Flexible floor space for creation, innovation and collaboration.
- Ample quiet contemplative areas to read, listen, work and learn.
- Two-themed areas designed especially for children and teens with ample room for materials and comfortable seating.
- To be built using a sustainable and resilient design approach.
- The Canyon Branch Library is estimated to open in early 2024.
Architect: Colomé & Associates, Inc.
Construction: D. Stephenson Construction, Inc.
Designers: inDesign Studio Inc.
Immediately following our Groundbreaking Ceremony, there will be a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new Canyon District Park at 10:00 am.