Use Flipster to view many popular magazines right on your computer or mobile device. All titles are full-page, full-color duplicates of the print titles and are available the same day the paper copies hit the newsstands. Back issues for each title are also available. Every issue is available instantly with no holds or waiting lists, and there are no limits on the number of titles that can be read online or downloaded to the mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Using the browser on a computer or mobile device visit the PBCLS Flipster collection through a Flipster link on the library’s webpage.
2. If you are outside a library, enter your library card number, and click Login.
3. Browse the titles in the Latest or All Issues sliders by clicking the right and left navigation arrows on either side of the slider.
4. When you find a title you want to read, click its cover.
5. The magazine will open in a new browser window.
1. Visit your device’s app store and search for the Flipster app.
2. Once downloaded, the setup questions will include choosing your library (Palm Beach County Library System) and entering your library card number.
3. Once set up, you can search for titles, read, and download issues within the app.
Android phones and tablets using 5.0 or higher operating system; Chromebooks that support Android apps via Google Play.
Kindle Fire tablets up to version 22.214.171.124.
2. Select Security and ensure the setting named Apps from Unknown Sources (allow installation of applications that are not from Appstore) is set to ON.
3. From your device, download the APK (app installer) by long-pressing on the following link and then selecting Download link: Flipster for Kindle Fire app.
4. Once the download is complete, open to the Docs apps on your Kindle Fire and tap Local Storage.
5. Tap the Download folder and then tap the flipster_kindle APK file.
6. Tap Install at the bottom of the screen.
7. Once the app has installed, tap Open to begin using the app.
2. Or tap the cover to go to more details. Then tap on the download button. Scroll down to find the back issues that can also be downloaded.
In the app, tap on the title you are interested in, then scroll down to see a list of back issues for that title.