Glades Road Branch
About the Glades Road Branch
The Glades Road Branch Library serves as the neighborhood library to west Boca Raton. The library circulates a large amount of popular adult fiction, nonfiction and children's materials.
A wide variety of electronic resources, such as magazine articles, newspaper databases, and Internet access are available to the public. Hands-on computer training for novices and the more experienced is available. The library has an active children's department that offers programs to children of all ages.
By Bus: Palm Tran Route #91
From I-95: Take the Glades Road exit (Exit 45) and travel west to 95th Ave. South (5 miles). Turn right to Library.
From Florida’s Turnpike: Take the Boca Exit (Exit 75) and travel west to 95th Ave. South (1.5 miles). Turn right to Library.
From State Road 7 (441): Head east on Glades Road to 95th Ave. South (.5 miles). Turn left to Library.
- A separate Teen area
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet access
- Five study rooms including two group study rooms
- A large meeting room that seats up to 50 people
- A small conference room that seats 10
- Comfortable seating and reading tables with electrical connections for laptops throughout
- Color and black and white copiers
- Self-service options at Check Out
39 Public Computers
- 5 Catalog computers
- 18 Public Internet computers
- 2 Guest computers (Express Email)
- 2 Catalog and Electronic Database computers in the Children’s area
- 12 Public Internet computers in the Children’s area
- 1 Catalog computer in the Children's area
- 1 Toddler game computer
- 5 Teen Computers
Public adult and youth computers shut down 15 minutes before the branch closes. Guest computers shut down 10 minutes before the branch closes.
The Glades Road Branch serves the south end of unincorporated Palm Beach County from Boynton Beach to the Broward County line.
Nearest County Libraries
West Boca Branch (3 miles)
Hagen Ranch Road Branch (9.5 miles)
West Boynton Branch (13 miles)
History of the Branch
Opened: September 1975, leased 1,459 sq.ft. in Sandelfoot Cove.
Expanded: November 1981, leased 4,975 sq.ft. in Piccadilly Square.
Opened Regional Library: November 1991, 24,000 sq.ft.
Renovated May 2010.
A one-acre protected cypress preserve is on the site.