Learn About the Affordable Care Act (ACA) at Your Library
Starting Oct 01, Americans will be able to choose a qualified health plan in the new health care marketplace. Are you interested in learning about the new insurance plans, forms, and the enrollment process? Do you have questions?
The Library’s Consumer Health Information Service (CHIS) has partnered with the League of Women Voters of Palm Beach County to help explain the marketplace and assist you with finding answers to your questions. Presentations are scheduled throughout the county at different Library locations for your convenience. Please register today to attend a lecture by calling any of these locations:
- Wed, Nov 06, 6:30 pm, Acreage Branch, (561) 681-4100
- Thu, Nov 07, 2:00 pm, Lantana Road Branch, (561) 304-4500
- Thu, Nov 07, 2:30 pm, Gardens Branch, (561) 626-6133
- Tue, Nov 12, 3:30 pm, Okeechobee Blvd. Branch, (561) 233-1880
- Thu, Nov 14, 2:00 pm, West Boca Branch, (561) 470-1600
- Thu, Nov 14, 2:00 pm, West Boynton Branch, (561) 734-5556
- Mon, Nov 18, 6:30 pm, Wellington Branch, (561) 790-6070
- Mon, Nov 25, 6:30 pm, Greenacres Branch, (561) 641-9100
- Thu, Dec 12, 2:15 pm, Royal Palm Beach Branch, (561) 790-6030
You can find information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on the Library’s Consumer Health Information Service (CHIS) webpage, by checking under "Affordable Care Act & Health Insurance." You can also find information on eligibility, enrollment, and referral assistance at https://www.healthcare.gov and on the National Marketplace toll-free call center 800-318-2596.
In addition to information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Library’s Consumer Health Information Service (CHIS) webpage has health information to read and discuss with your doctor. If you would like to learn more about health and medical resources or have other health-related questions, please contact the Consumer Health Information Service at 561-233-2720. Please also visit CHIS at the Main Library or on the web at http://www.pbclibrary.org/consumer-health.